Herecles

My Honda Blackbird - charging issue solved & summer is here at last

Here is what the wizard at the motorbike shop handed me. Seems my battery charging issue was down to a bad connection. This caused this connector to overhead and start to melt.

Luckily no fire! Had new chain and sprockets fitted so been out for a blast each night. 

You can't beat the sheer joy of a motorbike.

Guys (and girls) - if you don't ride then start. Get a bike and get out there - I guarantee you will love it!

20180628_185335.jpg

IMG_2338.JPG

• Like 1

Nice bike bro!! I have a 79 Honda Cx..i restored it last year,painted it matt black with red under lights..looks badass for a classic bike..rubber side down bro!!

20170628_1249401.jpg

That HD's a beautiful ride! Love the paint scheme!

Lol @ rubber side down! Nice! Here in England we say "Stay Shiny Side Up!" haha :)

The Honda - is that the CX500? V twin? One of the most bullet proof bikes ever made....The US and UK have same bikes but often different names.

Haha..yes it is bro..its big for a 500..im 6ft5 and i fit comfortably on it..alot of power,only has 22k miles on it..it runs superb, when i get home ill take some pics of it..

I wanted a CX500 when I passed by bike test (back in 1978! ) but ended up with an XS500 instead. Still a twin but inline and chain drive.

Both bikes are popular to convert to flat trackers and cafe racers at the moment. Take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kjh2EqH7Ao

I'm drooling!

Yeah - post some pics of your CX. Would love to see them :) 

I've always wanted to look into the bike licence process, but never really got round to it, but it's definitely something I want to get into when I start earning better £££

• Like 1

The UK govt really messed up the process to get a full bike licence and made it difficult and expensive and very time consuming. Basically they hate bikes and bikers. The worst thing of all is that the law requires first 16y/o moped/scooter is restricted to 30mph! This makes it so dangerous as you cant even keep up with the traffic.

Good news is that if your over 24 you can go for Direct Access. Taking direct access means you’ll have a full motorcycle licence without previously holding a licence for a smaller bike for two years – you’ll have no restriction on the size of machine you can ride

This site does a really good job of explaining it

http://www.geton.co.uk/motorcycle-training-licence/

We have the same system in taking bike licence,of course you can pay again and give again for full licence

Coz of good weather we have lots of bikes here...i used to drive one back when i was teen but the drivers here dont really pay attention to bikes and i got involve in 2 accidents and eventully give up,prefer 4 wheels since then 😛

i may end up getting a scooter or something some time in the future

yours both bikes look nice,enjoy the cool breeze while riding mates

You got to train for riding motorcycles?!

18 hours ago, Herecles said:

The UK govt really messed up the process to get a full bike licence and made it difficult and expensive and very time consuming. Basically they hate bikes and bikers. The worst thing of all is that the law requires first 16y/o moped/scooter is restricted to 30mph! This makes it so dangerous as you cant even keep up with the traffic.

Good news is that if your over 24 you can go for Direct Access. Taking direct access means you’ll have a full motorcycle licence without previously holding a licence for a smaller bike for two years – you’ll have no restriction on the size of machine you can ride

This site does a really good job of explaining it

http://www.geton.co.uk/motorcycle-training-licence/

Here you can ride a bike whenever you are inside your own neighborhood or your father is the guard standing at the check point ^^ :rofl: 

It appears the the "wizard" who fixed my bike didn't go to Hogwarts as I still have the charging issue. He must have gone to Bogwarts or Hogpimples academy so she will need to go back for further investigations............... @*##~** !!!! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................

• Like 1

Yay! Bird is back!! Had to fork out for a new generator/alternator AND a new Regulator / Rectifier ( the brand new one I fitted got fried by too high a voltage from the faulty generator).... so one big pile of cash later :( ..... hopefully all ok.

@ David - waiting to see pics of your CX